Shell and Tube Condenser Design (CnD) is a software that is made to demonstrate thermal analysis and design calculations required for designing shell and tube condensers. This software can design, horizontal shell side condensers, horizontal tube side condensers, vertical shell side condensers, vertical tube side condensers and reflux condensers. This software application is intended for use by professional and academics in the engineering industry. Some basic understanding in thermodynamics, fluid flow and shell & tube heat exchangers is required before attempting to use this tool.
Below is a list of main features:
1. Support S.I Units and English (U.S) Units of measurement
2. Unit Converter includes 23 measurements units with 200 unit conversion
3. Import physical properties data to hot side and cold side from Microsoft Excel & from WeBBusterZ Physical properties database (included!)
4. Save/Load results
5. Generate an engineering datasheet (can be exported to .pdf file format), Export Results to Engineering Data sheet in Microsoft Excel for editing
6. Export Results summary to Microsoft Word or Print Results summary.
7. Supports Horizontal shell side/Horizontal tube side/Vertical shell side/Vertical tube side and Reflux condensers design.
8. Supports Full condensation and Partial condensation (Subject to condensation model selection please see the table provided below for full information).
9. Support Sub cooling, Superheated vapor, Zone analysis, Shear Controlled and Gravity Controlled condensation (Subject to condensation model selection please see the table provided below for full information).
10. Basis and assumptions that the software makes during the calculations are stated on a visible panel.
11. Support single phase vapour condensation on hot side and liquid coolant on cold side, bare tubes only
12. TEMA designations.
13. Ability to calculate unknown Cold side temperature, Unknown Hot or cold side flow rate.
14. Triangular and square pitch tube orientation
15. Detailed calculation than displays many calculated variables such as: Duty, Area, Number of tubes, Shell/Tube velocities, flooding velocity and operating velocity for reflux condenser, Reynolds numbers, Condensation heat transfer coefficient, Condensation flow regime, Number of Baffles and Baffle spacing, Scale resistance (dirt factor), Overall heat transfer coefficient for both Clean and Fouled conditions, Pressure drops…etc. and many more
16. Ability to track calculation changes from trial to another.
17. Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points and come as separate software but easily integrated with the software.
18. Ability to add your own properties in the additional user databases.
19. Tube counts and standard tube sizes tables
20. Fouling factors
21. Overall heat transfer coefficients
22. Material Thermal Conductivities.
23. Maximum Allowable design velocities inside tubes for liquids
24. Ability to add your own components to use for simulations.
|Feature||Horizontal Shell Side Condenser||Horizontal Tube Side Condenser||Vertical Shell Side Condenser||Vertical Tube Side Condenser||Reflux Condenser|
|Sub cooling||Yes, with Full condensation only||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Superheated Vapor||Yes, with Full condensation only||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Shear Controlled Condensation||Yes||No||No||Yes||No|
|Gravity Controlled Condensation||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Zone Analysis||Yes, with Partial condensation only||No||No||Yes, with Partial condensation only||No|
|TEMA Shell Supported||E,J,X||E||E||E||E|
|TEMA Front Head Supported||A,B,C,D,N||A,B,C,D,N||A,B,C,D,N||A,B,C,D,N||A,B,C,D,N|
|TEMA Rear Head Supported||S,U,L,M,N,P,T,W||S,U,L,M,N,P,T,W||S,L,M,N,P,T,W||S,L,M,N,P,T,W||S,L,M,N,P,T,W|
[ DOWNLOAD & VIDEO LINKS PENDING UPDATE TO VERSION 220.127.116.11 …]
The Demo version of this software will work for 30 days with limitations.
Click To Download Shell & Tube Condenser Design
Below is a screen shot of the main screen, you can see more screen shots by following this link
Shell and Tube Condenser design CnD needs the following system requirements to run:
1. Microsoft Windows operating system
2. 64 MB RAM
3. 30 MB free disk space
4. Dot Net 4.0 Framework (Most new computers have these system files, you can download them and install them from Microsoft website for FREE, or run windows update.)
The software has been tested on Windows 7 and Vista and is compatible with Windows 10